How to provide security for the records?we actually have four ways of setting record-level access rules:
1. Organization-wide defaults
* OWD allow us to specify the baseline level of access that a user has in our organization.
* OWD provides default accessibility for the owners and other users of the organization.
* Either we can set public or private.
* For public again we can set like below:
- public READ/WRITE
- public READ ONLY
- public READ/WRITE/TRANSFER (only for standard objects)
-many more options for the standard objects
2. Role hierarchies
* It allow us to make sure that a manager will always have access to the same records as his or her subordinates.
3. Sharing rules
* It allow us to make automatic exceptions to OWD for particular groups of users.
4. Manual sharing
*IT allows record owners to give read and edit permissions to folks who might not have access to the record any other way.